Romans 8:29

"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

Monday, September 26, 2011

Can I?


Can I paint the plants with the colors I choose?
Can I raise trees to their full height?
If strawberries came to fruit by my hands, would they be so sweet?

Can I stretch out my hands and tell the tide to cease?
Can I make the waves slow down or speed up?
If I commanded them not to crash, would they obey my booming voice?

Can I catch a fish with my bare hands?
Can I soar over the sea with keen eyes and an open mouth?
If I reached for a fish, could I be successful enough to provide for my kids?

When the clouds glide in, can I blow them away?
When the sun breaks out, can I send it back?
If I tried to stop the rain, how many drops could I keep from hitting the ground?

When the earth rumbles, can I speak peace to it?
When the ground opens, can I cast a covering over it?
If the winds combine, can I deflect the twister from its path?


Who can do any of these things?
Who can speak "Do" and it does?
The Lord has the power! The Lord is his name!


When he speaks his love for me every day, can I stop up my ears?
When he throws his love at me, can I move aside and avoid it?
If the God of the world declares an infinite intimacy for me,
             could I ignore it?


Not I, but he.
Only he.
And I cannot ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment