Romans 8:29

"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Testing Times

Though my name sullied may be,
Yours far more is stomped about,
The diff'rence, though, easily seen:
Guilt I have while you're without.

But that thing you lacked; guilt unknown,
You took from me and bore yourself
At the cross that made the curtain torn
And threw the world upon itself

Now my life is in your hands
And testing times I find I'm in.
But this day's end will have me stand
And with your power find peace within.

Easier said than done, I fear
How to keep from running away?
The answer's simple: You say, "Draw near,
Through this, together, we'll find a way."

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, good stuff. Testing times. That's like being a tea bag. They gotta be put in hot water in order to get the flavor out. Hang in there! (Literally, if you were a tea bag. Haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is me giving a thumbs up and a squinty-eyed head nod.

    ReplyDelete