Romans 8:29

"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Few Short Poems

I wanted to share a few poems I wrote recently.

1.

Ah, a pretty moon does shine
Yellow, like the winner's wine
And though he be not me
I shall look upon a final time

Perhaps, in time, another moon shall rise
And, too, the look of soulful eyes
Upon me, Oh could it be?
Your searching quest has died?

2.

In this ONE DAY, today
Be here, in me, and stay
When I try to cut another
Remind me with your thunder
That you are Love, and so am I
Till the unending well runs dry

3.

Father of smiles
Father who's near
Father from miles
Away from here.

Father of water
Of every star
Would you hear me mutter?
And never be too far?

If you see me shiver
If you smell my fear
If you hear me whimper
Speak strong and clear.

That I'm your son
That your grip is tight
Till the days are done
It's gonna be alright.

4.

Thinking of months and late history,
Things rarely happen the way that you dream
Sometimes it's bad - so bad you feel stuck
Drowning and starving alive in the muck.

Though now is fine, tomorrow is shaken
If it's looking too well I might wait to me waken'd
'Cause even though I'm headed back home,
It doesn't mean I won't feel all alone

I'm shaking, I'm scared, I'm feeling blind
Reaching out, I don't know what it is that I'll find.
All the faces are different, the voices are wrong,
Or has everything here been a dream all along?

1 comment: