Romans 8:29

"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Voyager



The flashing lights blink and scream
That something's wrong within your dream
The timeline shifts and spins around
The waters rise with threat to drown

Where are we now? It feels so wrong.
The ground is dry and lights turn on
Darkened tent, with crashing notes
Should I feel fright? I do not know

As I stand, the ground so shakes
A ball drops hard, a crack it makes
The racing line draws to me first,
My feet no longer touch the earth

I fall and fall to depths unknown
The blurring faces sing and moan
Of years and lives of fallen dreams
And I alone can hear their screams

Darkness fades, replaced  by mist 
My face, the clouds begin to kiss
Wet and wetter, my clothes are soaked
Cold and ice become my bones

My frozen mass smashes down
The icy shards float around
But melt away once they touch
The spiky plants and ground so rough

A desert dry, and wide, and long
I walk and sweat and trip and fall
When down the hill, I see the sun
Shining off a golden pond

The water makes me stand and run
Down the dunes, oasis come!
My toes are wet, my mouth is dry
But just before I'm set to dive

I hit a wall, hard and rough
The unforgiving brick has scuffed
My chest, that now groans and heaves
My arms respond and stretch and reach

Up and down and side to side
The fear pours in and blacks my eyes
Encased, the bricks almost complete
But leave a hole, with room to see

A way to go, just too small
For me to fit, so I start to claw
And rip and pull and lose my breath
About to faint, at last I slip

I slide and roll on rocks and stone
Till at last I crash upon
A rock so high, somehow I stopped
From falling off this endless drop

I catch my breath, I breathe, and breathe
I look and think and finally see
My final fear now realized
Weary, broken, I close my eyes

All those years I ate and drank
I took my fill, myself to thank
It comes to me now, so very clear
All those days were borrowed years

But this is mine, this moment here
And if I choose, there's no more fear
I step, I fall, all alone
And all my senses become one

No comments:

Post a Comment