Romans 8:29

"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Changes, Changes, Oh My!

I've just decided to move to Vancouver for 6 months!


View Larger Map

Our Discipleship Training School was cancelled again, and since I came on staff with Youth With A Mission in order to staff DTS and have yet to, I accepted the invitation from my friends at YWAM NEXIA in Vancouver, who need male staff. I'm leaving my foothills home on Friday and getting into the Greyhound station in cool Vancouver some 15 hours later.

This is a big change, especially since I've gotten pretty comfortable here, living in Turner Valley for the last two years. But I'm appreciating that God is uprooting me, bringing an opportunity to disciple others, so I can finally GIVE what I've been TAKING - knowledge, discipline, joy, love for Jesus and the Bible. (That's why I named this blog Give and Take some 12 months ago.)

My friend Neil and I at Lake Louise in Banff Nat'l Park in the Canadian Rockies


My full-time job will be pastoral care, to help guide students as they learn about themselves and about God in the classroom and later, too, as they learn practically in the mission trip phase (which will be to either Malaysia or Thailand). Some practical things my job consists of would be: reviewing DTS journals, book reports, regular one-on-one meetings with some of the guys, and outreach preparations.

I'm sad to leave my friends and my home, but excited for this next chapter. After these 6 months, I plan on returning to Turner Valley for 6 months to finish out my commitment and my time with YWAM.

Vancouver is a more expensive place to live, and I am dependent on relationship-based support from my church, family, and friends. If you're interested in supporting me financially (which I am in need of) you can donate, either as a one-time donation or as regular monthly support, in one of several ways:**

If you would like a tax receipt and are in America, please send your donation to:
YWAM
PO Box 3000,
Garden Valley, TX, 75771-3000
If you would like a tax receipt and are in Canada, please send your donation to:
Project Funding
PO Box 57100 Vancouver, BC
V5K 1Z0
If you don't need a tax receipt and live anywhere in the world, you can send through Paypal (even if you don't have a Paypal account!) Simply go HERE, and send it to
jamesthellama@hotmail.com

**If you want a tax receipt, you must not put my name on the check itself (write checks out to YWAM), and instead include a note saying “For James Harrison.”

No comments:

Post a Comment