Romans 8:29

"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Grace, again

I've been in a slump, days have been long, these last 8 days have felt like a month of grief.

The cause? A sprained heart, a case of guilt, and a lack of discipline in spending time with God.

The solution? For the last couple days, the only answer I've thought of is more discipline; I need to spend more time with God. I need to read the Bible, set aside time to pray and journal.

Though these are great things and disciplines that help transform me, hearing the words of a friend in a song, "You're free, you're free, it costs so much but blind men receive their sight - the night shines brighter, above our scorched horizons, and Christ, Christ, firstborn of many brothers, run-run and tell the others that it's never been any other way," has again delivered me! What is it that I MUST do to remain in God's grace, to be washed clean, to have his favor and be his precious son? Haha, open my hands and accept it! Believe it!

As I wrote this, I left my little room to catch what was left of the sunset. Glancing up at the last streaky-purple cloud I blew my nose and cleared my throat of all that remained, and breathed again the heavens' fruit through open airways. The Tree of Grace that refuses not one its manufactured miracles.

2 comments:

  1. You're a good man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, brother.

    I'm rooting for you. But not as much as He is.

    ReplyDelete