Romans 8:29

"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Treasure Hunt

A Treasure Hunt is where a small team prays together for signs, for clues, and then tries to find them, looking to God to provide these people he's highlighted.

A couple weeks ago, these are some of the clues we received:
Hugo - A girl sitting down at Nanaimo park. A worker at the Thai Restaurant on Hastings St.
James - Checkered shirt. Orange.
Linda - Purple and yellow stripes. Children's section at the library.

And these are the things that happened:
The girl sitting at Nanaimo park was talking on her phone. After 10 minutes we started to leave and I saw a guy in an orange shirt. I was outgoingly rejected, though!Then the checkered shirt lady (Linda recognized her earlier) rejected prayer as well, followed by an elderly cycling lady who parked for a moment at the closed library, only to shortly after, shaking her head at me.

Linda then prayed for 2 girls together, one wearing a purple jacket and the other a yellow, and they were open to it! This was in front of the children's section of the library. Hugo had to go to the bank where I spoke to an Irish lady selling Visa cards inside the door. Naomi said we could pray for her grand-dad, Patty. No specifics, but we said, "okay," and prayed after leaving the bank. Then, guess who we saw!The lady from the park! She was off her phone, now, and Linda stopped her, told the whole story, and then asked if she wanted prayer. She was excited to say, "Yes, for me and my boyfriend." So Linda prayed.

Then we went to the Thai Food place, where the owner said her family was suffering from the flooding in Thailand. At the end, Hugo and I offered prayer to Gao, and she said, "I'm Buddhist, so I don't know." So Hugo said, "Okay, I pray at home."

Just another day in the Discipleship Training School.

2 comments: