Romans 8:29

"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Dust That Clings

If dreaming makes him glad
And waking makes him sad
Then thinking he must do
To find out what is true

He doesn't know what's real
But try so hard he will
By using all his might
To find out wrong and right

And doing what is just
He wipes away the dust 
That clings with reckless hate
And threatens his good fate

But dusting takes so long
It's job is never done
So return, you old refrain
You sweetly-sounding rain

Returning from the 3-month mission trip in Southeast Asia has been hard. Somewhere in the last few weeks I began feeling riddled with thoughts of disappointment and have worried about how much good I brought as a staff member of this group. Help came from a friend, though, and I have realized that even if the feelings of disappointment are so strong, they may not be accurate at all. Maybe what feels right, isn't actually right. So this decision to believe the best in myself, to admit the exaggeration of mistakes, and to dust off the condemnation, has been hard, and I haven't been able to do it on my own. But through prayer and a sweet grace-flavored rain, I am constantly being rid of the false accusations.

No comments:

Post a Comment