Romans 8:29

"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sonnet 1


(This is my first attempt at a Shakespearean Sonnet. Here are some elements of the structured poem: 14 lines, a specific rhyming pattern, and a rhythm, or meter, which means the poem should carry a beat like this: da-DUM da-DUM... I suggest reading it, "When I sit here, no clues..." Enjoy!)



When I sit here, no clues, confused, ashamed
I think of all locales in which to hide
You speak to me but I avert my gaze
I long to look unblinking in your eyes

Seek solitude, but fear to be alone
The paradox, I know hurts me and you
Now smash into iotas hearts of stone
Rebuild them all and set on paths so new

But to transform for none is any quirk
Cerebral habits derail the heart-run train
Though blazing new a road, it's no small work
Established paths are hard to deviate

Destroy therefore, for good, the bandit shame
And set me free by whispering my name!

3 comments:

  1. There once was a man named James
    Whose sonnets were distinctly not lame.
    They were really quite good,
    and well understood,
    and admired by fellas and dames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... that's all I can say.... I'll say it again... wow!

    ReplyDelete